Frequently Asked Questions: Business
RTBkit is an open-source software framework that takes much of the hard engineering work out of creating a Real-Time Bidder for online advertising. Its open, service-oriented architecture can be used to assemble a bidder as simple or complex as desired. The RTBKit core connects to ad exchanges via Exchange Connectors and routes bid requests and data through a configurable set of components which can be extended to implement a customized bidder. More details.
Anyone can use RTBkit to build a real-time bidder. RTBkit is open-source software, so it is free to use within the bounds of the Apache License.
RTBkit is open-source software, it is feely available within the bounds of the Apache License.
RTBkit is software framework which developers can use to build real-time bidders. The first step is to download and explore the code and design your bidder around the RTBkit core and plugin architecture. If you need help, don't hesitate to join our Google Group or find a member of the RTBkit ecosystem to help you.
- Develop the GUI to manage your RTB campaigns and to offer reporting to your users
- Implement the logic that decides how much to bid for each campaign
- Launch, configure and monitor your bidding agents
- Launch, configure and monitor your RTBkit installation
- Handle billing
- Serve the ads
- Upload the creatives
- Find the right servers to host your services on
- Develop and maintain relationships with the ad exchanges
RTBkit is released under the Apache License, v2.0.