What is needed to build a bidder using RTBkit?
Building, deploying and operating a real-time bidder is a complex project. RTBkit can help you with only part of it. RTBkit is not a solution in itself, only a framework, and it doesn't help you with any of the following, all of which you will probably need to complete your project:
- Develop the GUI to manage your RTB campaigns and to offer reporting to your users
- Implement the logic that decides how much to bid for each campaign
- Launch, configure and monitor your bidding agents
- Launch, configure and monitor your RTBkit installation
- Handle billing
- Serve the ads
- Upload the creatives
- Find the right servers to host your services on
- Develop and maintain relationships with the ad exchanges
In terms of skills, keep in mind that working around RTBkit requires a fair understanding of Linux, C++ and make.
Posted on 09/13/2013